Open: 9am to 5pm weekdays, 10am to 4pm weekends (closed public holidays except Australia Day and Canberra Day)
Address: Barrine Drive, Commonwealth Park, Parkes
Phone: (02) 6272 2902
The National Capital Exhibition tells the story of Canberra, Australia’s National Capital. Through interactive displays, the Exhibition illustrates Canberra’s vital role as a symbol of Federation. It features the people, events, history and design which contributed to the development of this unique, modern, fully planned city.
- Discover why Canberra was selected to be Australia’s national capital and the other towns which were considered.
- Explore Walter Burley Griffin’s prize winning design for Canberra.
- Experience the Canberra Sound and Light Show with its scale model of central Canberra.
- Hear the story of Canberra presented in seven different languages.
- Enjoy one of the best lakeside views of the Captain Cook Memorial Jet and the Parliamentary Triangle.
- Realise our national capital belongs to all Australians!