NCAA’s Canberra Region Tourism Industry Council (CRTIC) is committed to helping drive improvement and professionalism in the Canberra Region tourism industry through Quality Tourism Accreditation, which is part of the Quality Tourism Framework and is governed by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC).
Quality Tourism Accreditation, is a business development program based on quality assurance principles and best practice management. It applies to tourism businesses of any nature. Quality Tourism Accredited Businesses are recognised as professional, ethical and reliable operators, which deliver high quality tourism experiences.
The program documents your business practices and procedures, so it performs as a useful business development tool that supports reliability, consistency and predictability in the operation of your business. In turn, this brings quality assurance, improved customer service and satisfaction, and supports the long-term sustainability of your business.
What does the process involve?
The program addresses many of the issues that are covered in the development of a business plan but focuses on those key elements that are part of the day to day function of any tourism operation. The process encourages you to plan how your business will function and check customer expectations are being met.
The Accreditation involves completion of information in the following areas:
- Compliance with both business and industry-specific regulations
- Adherence to industry sector standards and codes of practice
- Risk management procedures and training
- Business and marketing plans
- Human resources management policy and procedures
- Customer service policy and procedures
- Environmental management policies and procedures
What are the benefits?
In addition to receiving increased credibility, competitiveness and reputation, Quality Tourism Accredited properties enjoy a range of valuable benefits to their business:
- The property is licensed to use the Quality Tourism Accreditation branding in their marketing material, providing a competitive marketing advantage and increased consumer confidence
- Receive a FREE property listing on trustthetick.com.au, which supports direct guest bookings
- The business tools and templated embedded in the program assist in best practice management
- Use the accreditation’s business development processes to identify and establish goals for ongoing improvement
- Receive a site assessment visit every three years to verify your Quality Tourism Accreditation standard
- Inclusion in the Australian Tourism Industry Council’s (ATIC) national advertising campaigns to promote Quality Tourism Accredited properties
What kind of business is eligible?
The Quality Tourism Accreditation is suitable for all businesses with active operations in the tourism industry. It applies to tourism businesses of any nature, including (but not limited to):
- Tour operators
- Transport services
- Regional or local tourism organisations
If you are unsure about your eligibility or whether your business is better suited to the Star Ratings program, get in touch with our Accreditation Manager to discuss your options and ensure you will receive the most value for your business.
Registration and process
- Register online at online.qualitytourismaustralia.com
- Pay your registration fee. You will receive confirmation when payment is received.
- Complete your application in the QTF platform and click ‘submit’
- Our Accreditation Manager will conduct a desktop assessment and you will be notified if further information is needed.
If you would like further information on the program, or have questions about the process or your eligibility, please contact our Accreditation Manager at email@example.com
How much does it cost?
Annual fees are based on the number of annual full-time equivalent persons working within the organisation, whether employed as staff or through a contract arrangement, including owner operator. Volunteers and other unpaid workers are not included in your calculation.
Contact our Accreditation Manager for a quote firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does the application take to complete?
Once you have all the necessary documentation at hand, the application process can take as little as an hour to two to complete. However, you can also save your progress and return to your application at any time.
From the time of registration, you will have a maximum of three (3) months to complete the application.
If you are unable to complete the application within the time frame, a written request for an extension is required. If no extension has been granted and the application is not completed within the three (3) month timeframe, your fees will be forfeited.
Want more information?
Please contact our Accreditation Manager.
Phone: 02 6162 4460